A large complex covering 4 hectares, founded about 1150, with 3 large wards. It was expanded up until the 16th century. It was operated by the city, and ran mostly by nuns, it cared for the homeless, wounded, sick and mentally ill. It only ceased to be operational in 1976 when the medical hospital operation moved elsewhere to modern premises. Today its main function is that of housing museums and, latterly, a conference centre.