The Old Town Hall in the Market Square is a much adapted and restructured building dating from 1648 when it was referred to as a 'Market House'. In 1721 a new construction was built containing a poultry and butter market. The building fell into disrepair and was substantially rebuilt around 1812 as a gift from the Duke of Norfolk.It was only in 1888 that it became the property of Horsham Council. It was previously council offices and a magistrates court. Currently the ground floor is still used as an occasional market place and the upper floors contain the Horsham Registry Office.