This is the grill of beef "indrefilet" (tenderloin) and pork "nakkekoteletter" (?) in preparation on my balcony. This is the recipe.
1. Buy the freshest meat available. Indrefilet and nakkekoteletter are the best. Never buy any premarinated meat and such. I tried it once and it went in the garbage bin.
2. Place a piece of meat on the wooden surface and hit it repeatedly by the palm of your hand until its surface doubles. If you do it correctly your neighbors should think that you are restructuring your house.
3. Distribute pepper, origan, rosmarin, timian on both sides of each piece together with a bit of "aceto balsamico di Modena" (special Italian vinegar).
4. Place everything in a bowl and place some weight on top. Put it aside for a while.
5. While the meat is being seasoned prepare your grill. Start by cleaning it from the ashes and burned fat remained from the previous feast. It will make your meal slightly less unhealthy.
6. Place wooden coal at the bottom od your grill and spruce it with special liquid. Wait five minutes while it soaks.
7. Ignite your coal and wait until the liquid burns out totally. The smell is terrible and neighbors are unhappy.
8. Now everything is ready for grilling. Place the pieces of meat on the grill and proceed with care with the grilling process. The objective is to cook it to your taste without making it dry and without burning the meat surface. This can be tricky because the fat from the meat melts and drops on the coals and they start to burn with open fire which will burn your meat very fast. So, you have to shift constantly the pieces on the grill and use the cover to reduce burning and/or spruce the grill with a bit of water from time to time. When you feel that the meat is almost ready add some salt and keep it on the grill for another thirty seconds.
9. Enjoy results of your labour with red wine and some salad.