photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Al Hearn | all galleries >> Antique Guns > M1842 - right side
previous | next
M1842 - right side
20-JUL-2010

M1842 - right side

This U.S. Model 1842 was manufactured under contract to the U.S. Government in 1850 by Henry Aston in Middletown, Connecticut. It was the first percussion pistol issued to U.S. troops -- previous pistols had been flintlocks.

This pistol has proper inspector cartouches on the wood stock behind the lockplate -- JH (John Harris) and WAT (William Anderson Thornton). It also has "JH" (John Harris) proofmarks on the barrel and "H" on other metal components.

Nikon D300
1/45s f/3.8 at 26.0mm iso320 full exif

other sizes: small medium original
share